Quality assurance of cone-beam CT
Cone-beam CT scanners integrated with linear accelerators have become increasingly important tools for image guidance of radiotherapy treatments. The application of cone-beam CT based image guidance is very diverse, ranging from bony anatomy based offline correction protocols to online stereotactic tumor based correction strategies. Although most institutions have presently implemented QA procedures for CBCT, the frequency and methods vary widely.
The aim of the subcommittee is to develop uniform guidelines for the commissioning and quality assurance of cone-beam CT scanners that are integrated with a linear accelerator. The guidelines will be based on current literature as well as clinical experience from the participating members of this subcommittee.
The subcommittee officially started Februari 2012.
Topics to be covered
- Overview of equipment
- Commissioning of cone-beam CT
- Dosimetry (delivered dose and Hounsfield units)
- Geometric accuracy requirements
- Methods and tools for periodic QA
- Recommendations on QA (with frequency and tolerances)
Members of this NCS subcommittee
- Peter Remeijer (NKI-AVL, Amsterdam, Chairman, p.remeijer-at-nki.nl)
- Martijn Eenink (RCWEST/LUMC, The Hague/Leiden, Secretary)
- Willy de Kruijf (Institute Verbeeten, Tilburg)
- Kirsten Deurloo (MCA, Alkmaar)
- Niek van Wieringen (AMC, Amsterdam)
- Heleen van Herpt (UMCG, Groningen)
- Marianna Sijtsema (UMCG, Groningen)
- Martijn Hol (Erasmus MC, Rotterdam)
- Martijn Kusters (Radboudumc, Nijmegen)
- Koos Geleijns (LUMC, Leiden, advisor CT dosimetry)
- Joep Hermans (MAASTRO, Maastricht, representative of the NCS board)