Radiation Protection in Full Colours
Eighth NCS Lustrum, 4 November 2022, Utrecht.
Venue: Anatomiegebouw Bekkerstraat 141 3572 SG Utrecht.
Order your Tickets now!
This symposium has been accredited by the ANVS (5 points, kennisactiviteit), NVKF and the AFNC/FANC.
Chairperson: Lars Roobol (RIVM).
|9:45 - 10:15||Registration and Coffee/tea|
|10:15 - 10:20||Welcome and Introduction||Jeroen van de kamer|
|10:20 - 10:45||Nuclear Accidents||Jasper Tomas|
|10:45 - 11:10||From Incident to Prospects for Action||Barbara Godthelp|
|11:10 - 11:35||Integrated Environmental Monitoring in War and Peace||Geert Biermans|
|11:35 - 12:00||Dosimetry in Pulsed Fields of Ionizing Radiation:
Challenges, Reference Fields, and Standardization
|12:00 - 13:15||Lunch|
|13:15 - 13:40||Radiation Protection at Nuclear Power Plants: New Insights and Techniques||Gido Goulooze|
|13:40 - 14:05||Radiation Dosimetry and Hygiene Challenges in a Nuclear Reactor||Tessa de Vries|
|14:05 - 14:30||Low Dose Exposure: Need for Updating the LNT-model||Fieke Dekkers|
|14:30 - 14:55||Occupational Dosimetry: the Approved Dosimetry Service Perspective||Tom Grimbergen
|14:55 - 15:20||Tea/Coffee|
|15:20 - 15:55||Radiation Hygiene in Interventional Radiology Practice||Michiel de Haan|
|15:55 - 16:20||Radiation Safety for 177Lu-PSMA Therapy: Clinical Introduction||Steffie Peters|
|16:20 - 16:45||Overview NCS Subcommittees||Geert Pittomvils|
|16:45 - 17:00||Closing Remarks||Geert Pittomvils|
|17:00- 18:00||Discussion & Drinks||All participants|
After the day, the participants have learned, amongst others:
- The effects from nuclear accidents and the procedures after such an incident;
- How the legislator may respond to accidents in general;
- How the law enforcer exercises radiation hygiene, in particular under exceptional circumstances (e.g. war)
- The challenges with person dosimetry, based on Hp10 measurements;
- What Nuclear Plants do regarding safety measures;
- The new insights in the effects of (repeated) low-dose exposure;
- The specific challenges on personal dosimetry in power plants;
- How to accurately measure dose under challenging circumstances;
- Radiation safety from the perspective of the intervention radiologist;
- Radiation safety for the use of 177Lu-PSMA treatments
- And the current and future activities of the NCS.
And of course, meeting new and old colleagues. We expect a stimulating and exciting day!
Order your Tickets now!